Getting dashboard returns the same result set

Jun 3, 2015 at 9:23 AM
Good morning,

When I would like to get the updates from my dash, I call :
BasePost[] posts = await client.GetDashboardPostsAsync(count: 15, startIndex: 0);

However it returns the same result set every time when I call it during my application lifetime. So, my dash will be updated only when I restart the applciation.

Please advise.
Jun 3, 2015 at 5:48 PM
Hi,

I'm experiencing the same behavior in my app.

It seems that the requests are cached.
Jun 10, 2015 at 2:45 PM
Hi,

A possible workaround is to put the following line :
client.DefaultRequestHeaders.IfModifiedSince = DateTime.UtcNow;

to DontPanic.TumblrSharp.TumblrClientBase.cs:233 (just before calling SendAsync() ).
Jun 10, 2015 at 6:00 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the solution !

Have you planned to update the package with this workaround ?

I use TumblrSharp via the nuget package, and I don't wan't to embed the sources in my solution.
Jun 11, 2015 at 12:32 PM
Seddhaz,

I am not planning to create a patch : if the authors don't visit the issue tracker, they won't apply my patch as well. :)
I recommend you to download the source code, in case of any other issues in the future.
Coordinator
Jun 11, 2015 at 2:45 PM
Smurancsik,

Thanks for the investigation. I wanted to mention that this (cached responses) is a common issue with HttpClient in both Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 apps. I am really really busy with work atm (getting close to release), but I will try to apply the patch and update the nuget package sometime next week.

For the next version I plan to derive the client directly from HttpClient to avoid these sorts of issues.

Again, apologies for the late reply. I'll try to stay on top of this project more consistently once I have some more free time.